Chinese Writers on Writing, edited by Arthur Sze, features two talks by Mo Yan, winner of the 2012 Nobel Prize in Literature: "My American Books" and "Six Lives in Search of a Character: The 2009 Newman Prize Lecture." In the first talk he says, "When I'm facing a piece of paper, I forget my age, and my heart is filled with the joy of a child. I hate evil with a passion, I ramble, I mutter as if dreaming, I rejoice, I raise hell, I feel drunk." Read more.
- Nov 27 ...authoritative, detailed, and engrossing...
- Nov 14 ...how love songs may have gotten started there...
- Nov 4 12,000 Years of Existence in Texas Illuminated
- Oct 30 Wanna Read Something Really Scary?
- Oct 21 A Vivid Girl from the Mountains
- Sep 26 What If Your House Was On Fire?
- Sep 6 An Orion Conversation on Ecopoetry
- Jul 1 Last Atoll Wins Foreword Reviews Gold
- Jun 17 Semmes Foundation Supports ArteKids
- Jun 3 ArteKids Wins International Latino Book Awards