Chinese Writers on Writing, edited by Arthur Sze, features two talks by Mo Yan, winner of the 2012 Nobel Prize in Literature: "My American Books" and "Six Lives in Search of a Character: The 2009 Newman Prize Lecture." In the first talk he says, "When I'm facing a piece of paper, I forget my age, and my heart is filled with the joy of a child. I hate evil with a passion, I ramble, I mutter as if dreaming, I rejoice, I raise hell, I feel drunk." Read more.
- Sep 22 Celebrating the Freedom to Read
- Aug 25 Publishers Weekly Reviews A Muse and a Maze
- Jul 29 Destruction of the Planet Can Be Reversed
- Jun 25 These Spurs Were Made For Walking
- Jun 9 Char Miller Joins the Briscoe Museum Film Series
- May 6 Give Big for the Big Give
- Apr 21 Barry Lopez on the Magic of Words
- Apr 3 San Antonio Book Festival This Weekend!
- Jan 17 Happy Birthday William Stafford!
- Nov 27 ...authoritative, detailed, and engrossing...