Those familiar with the Texas Hill Country will know the name Hondo Crouch, a folk hero best known as the self-proclaimed mayor of Luckenbach. So it’s not surprising that Willie Nelson, who once sang the country music classic “Luckenbach, Texas,” wrote the foreword to the book The Ranch That Was Us, by Crouch’s daughter, Becky Crouch Patterson. Read more in Cowboys and Indians.
- Jun 5 Black Voices Matter
- May 13 Join Us for the Maverick Book Club!
- Mar 17 Coleen on What To Read During Self-Isolation
- Mar 6 Who Is The Duchess of Angus?
- Sep 11 TU Press Hosts Living Heritage Symposium
- Jul 16 Michael Nye Wins Prestigious Bolotin Award
- May 6 Putting on the Dog in Ms. Magazine
- Mar 20 Get Lit with Susan Page of USA Today
- Nov 9 The Legacy of Laika the Soviet Space Dog
- Oct 15 Environmental Scientist Daily Speaks at Trinity