The collaboration between Trinity University Press, the San Antonio Public Library Foundation, and the San Antonio Museum of Art that culminated in the ArteKids book series never would have gotten off the ground without the generous support of the Semmes Foundation and its president, Tom Semmes. The Semmes Foundation was established in 1952 to support “religious, charitable, scientific, and educational purposes.” Early grants were modest, but over the years the foundation has built a long history of visionary community giving in San Antonio, supporting institutions as diverse as the McNay Art Museum, Alamo Colleges, the Texas Biomedical Research Center, and the YMCA. A trustee of Trinity University, Tom Semmes got behind the idea for the collaboration and supported the first book with an initial $75,000 grant. Over two years and five books into the series, final grant support from Semmes for ArteKids comes to a stunning $225,000.
- Jun 5 Black Voices Matter
- May 13 Join Us for the Maverick Book Club!
- Mar 17 Coleen on What To Read During Self-Isolation
- Mar 6 Who Is The Duchess of Angus?
- Sep 11 TU Press Hosts Living Heritage Symposium
- Jul 16 Michael Nye Wins Prestigious Bolotin Award
- May 6 Putting on the Dog in Ms. Magazine
- Mar 20 Get Lit with Susan Page of USA Today
- Nov 9 The Legacy of Laika the Soviet Space Dog
- Oct 15 Environmental Scientist Daily Speaks at Trinity