Written in the 1950s and discovered by family members years after her death, Margaret Brown Kilik’s shocking coming-of-age novel of the emotional and sexual brutality of young women’s lives in wartime San Antonio deserves a place on the shelf alongside classic novels like Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar and Carson McCullers’s The Member of the Wedding. To celebrate the publication of The Duchess of Angus, Trinity University Press is giving away a Night in the Duchess of Angus’s San Antonio! One night’s stay at the St. Anthony Historic Hotel, a gift certificate for $100 for dinner at Rebelle, a spa package for two at the Mokara, whiskey tour and tasting at Maverick Whiskey, and a copy of the book, all worth more than $800! Ten runner-ups will receive a copy of The Duchess of Angus. Read more.
- Jun 5 Black Voices Matter
- May 13 Join Us for the Maverick Book Club!
- Mar 17 Coleen on What To Read During Self-Isolation
- Sep 11 TU Press Hosts Living Heritage Symposium
- Jul 16 Michael Nye Wins Prestigious Bolotin Award
- May 6 Putting on the Dog in Ms. Magazine
- Mar 20 Get Lit with Susan Page of USA Today
- Nov 9 The Legacy of Laika the Soviet Space Dog
- Oct 15 Environmental Scientist Daily Speaks at Trinity
- Jun 21 300 Years of San Antonio & Bexar County