Win a Cornyation Book and Medal Package
Sign up for our news e-blast AND like our Facebook pageTwitter or Instagram during the week of April 24, 2017 and be automatically entered to win one of three Cornyation packages or a copy of the book Cornyation: San Antonio's Outragious Fiesta Tradition and a limited edition Trinity University Press Fiesta Medal! Not only will you have a chance to win, but by signing up for our e-blast, you'll be the FIRST to see new books, hear about exciting events, get free ebooks and more from Trinity University Press!
Sign up for the e-blast here. Full details below!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This campaign is open only to those who like our Facebook page AND sign up for our e-news at http://bit.ly/2acI6YL and who are 12 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the world, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Trinity University, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Trinity University Press as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 24, 2017, 12 PM CT and ending April 27, 2017, 11:59 PM CT. All online entries must be received by April 27, 2017, 11:59 PM CT .
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by liking the Trinity University Press Facebook page AND subscribing to our email news blast using the online form provided here. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Trinity University Press. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Trinity University Press.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one of three Cornyation packages or a copy of the book Cornyation: San Antonio's Outragious Fiesta Tradition and a limited edition Trinity University Press Fiesta Medal. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Trinity University Press. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Trinity University Presses discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Trinity University Press to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Trinity University Press. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Trinity University Press shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 20 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT TRINITY UNIVERSITY PRESS‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Trinity University Press, anyone acting on behalf of Trinity University Press, and Trinity University Press’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Trinity University Press reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Trinity University Press's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Trinity University Press may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Trinity University Press. Trinity University Press reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Trinity University Press has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, [your company name]reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Trinity University Press and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE USA AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [your state/province] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to tupress(at)tupress(dot)edu. Requests must be received no later than May 1st, 2017 2PM CT.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Trinity University Press, One Trinity Press, San Antonio, Texas 78212.
15. The Campaign hosted by Trinity University Press is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Fiesta Cornyation and it's affiliates.
16. ___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Half a century of one of Texas’s most iconic celebrations$24.95 Order Read more